Hon Valentine Ayika Esq. Joins Zenith Labour Party to contest for Dunukofia/Njikoka/Anaocha Federal Constituency Seat

 Hon Barr Valentine Ayika a former Member Anambra State House of Assembly. A former House of Rep Member (Lasted for 5 months before Nigeria happened to him) joins Zenith Labour Party (ZLP) to Contest for Dunukofia/Njikoka/Anaocha Federal Constituency. Below are his reasons for Joining ZLP.



*EZIGBOMMADU FOR HOUSE OF REPS 2023 UNDER ZENITH LABOUR PARTY, ZLP*

I AM IN THE 2023 RACE FOR HOUSE OF REPS
This is to officially inform you, my online friends, that I am contesting for Federal House of Representatives in the 2023 general elections under the Zenith Labour Party, ZLP. This decision was taken after a long personal soul searching and due consultation with members of my relevant political families.

*WHY I AM CONTESTING*

The driving force behind the decision to contest the 2023 election, inter alia, is to contribute my quota, legislatively and otherwise, to the redirection of the trajectory that Nigeria is in today. No nation can make meaningful socioeconomic progress without a vibrant and effective Legislature. And a vibrant and effective Legislature requires persons with strong character and courage like me. Most of our laws need complete overhaul and I am cut out, prepared and ready for the herculean task. The confusion that trailed the primary election of the political parties, preparatory for the forthcoming general election, premised on the perceived ambiguities in the 2022 Electoral Act is a pointer to the fact that legal luminaries with passion for hardworking, details and diligence are desperately needed in our National Legislature. Our laws particularly the Constitution and the Electoral Act are still replete with deficiencies, contradictions and ambiguities. For instance section 29 of the Electoral Act 2022 (as amended) is inelegantly couched and subsection 4 of it is in contravention of one of the cardinal principles of good legislative drafting to wit: a law must have a purpose/utilitarian value. The said subsection is more of an assertion and don't seem to be for any particular purpose. My involvement would have saved the NASS such a serious omission.

*THE LOPSIDED NATURE OF OUR CONSTITUTION*

The Nigerian National Legislature as it is Constitutionally structured demands that every Constituency in the country should send one of its best for effective and efficient representation. It is on record that I did my possible best when I had the opportunity. So as the saying goes, one good turn deserves another. Details of my past performance, vision and mission, this time around, for my Federal Constituency will be unveiled at the appropriate time.

*THE NEED FOR SYNERGY*

As Nigerians anxiously hope and pray for HE, Mr. Peter Obi and Datti Baba Ahmed to take over the helm of affairs in the country in 2023, there is inevitable and overwhelming need for a National Assembly that is constituted of men and women that are not only patriotic, fit and proper but who are ably equipped with the necessary experience and capacity to synergize with them for our dream of a new Nigeria to come true. I am overly equipped, patriotic to the core, a team person, have garnered the needed experience overtime and most importantly a legal luminary with appetite for excellence.

*TESTED, TRUSTED, A PRODUCT OF PETER OBI'S POLITICAL SCHOOL*

Having been tested and proven to be trusted in the Legislative arm of government, both at the State National levels, I hold the strong view that I belong to this group of persons that are highly needed in the National Legislature at this juncture of our history. I worked excellently well with HE. Mr. PO as a State Legislator then and have always maintained a leader- follower relationship with him. In fact I am a product of his political school and still belong to his political family. So if by the grace of God we both find ourselves on the two different arms of the government again it will be a reactivation and a continuation of an amazing latent working relationship established some years back. PO needs a street general like me as his Legislative bulwark in the National Legislature, just in case ..

MULTIPLICITY OF OPTIONS FOR THE ELECTORATES*

My involvement in the 2023 elections will widen the horizon of options for the electorates in line with the saying, the more the merrier. The number will make the contest keen enough for each of the concerned candidates to deploy his or her best techniques and political intrigues. We will keep one another on his or her toes all through the race. We will push ourselves to the limit such that the eventual winner will not take the people’s mandate for granted.

*PETER OBI’S PEDIGREE*

As a member of PO's political family I can say without any fear of contradiction that, Mr. Peter Obi is one of the best prudential managers of human and material resources. I also believe that there is no gainsaying the fact that Mr. Obi represents the true fiscal discipline and economic know-how that Nigeria badly needs now. But the big question is, what role will I play not only to get him elected but also to help push his agenda at National Assembly. The simple answer is for me to be on the ballot and ultimately in the green chamber. With my power of persuasion, oratory and pragmatism I will build a solid bridge between the Legislature and the Executive. Before taking the decision to contest the forthcoming election I weighed my options and considered a number of issues.

*FACTORS CONSIDERED*

Paramount in the factors considered are the near and far implications of the decision to contest on a different platform from that of HE, Mr Peter Obi’s platform. Rhetorically, being on the ballot in a different political party, will negatively affect PO in any way, is it tantamount to working at cross purposes with PO, my answer, without hesitation, is no. Rather my being on the ballot will amount to a synergy of some sort in the PO’s quest for Presidency. Consequent upon my detailed analysis of all the pros and cons, I became convinced beyond argument and without any fear of contradiction that being on the ballot in the forthcoming general election is the best way I can, to the fullest, contribute my financial and political quota to Peter Obi and Datti Baba Ahmed’s anxiously awaited victory at the polls. Understandably, it is a different kettle of fish activating and mobilising my political structure in the election for our dear PO from the periphery compared to doing so from the point of a candidate in the election. While the former will be a far cry from the best I can do for him the latter will entail my optimal contribution. The energy, the zeal and the commitment will be in the extreme. All the political meetings I have had so far were mainly because I wanted to contest the election, yet 60 % of the time were spent campaigning for PO. Without this personal interest first of all, I may have convened the meetings but definitely not as frequently as now that I am on the ballot. It is only players that score goals, spectators do not.

*POSSIBLITY OF CONFUSION AMONG VOTERS*

There is fear, particularly among us the *OBIDIENTS*, that the voters especially the elderly and the illiterates will find it difficult to separate the Presidential, Senatorial and Reps ballot papers when they vote. The solution, to some, is for a bandwagon voting for Labour Party on the day of Presidential and NASS election. If the only problem is the anticipated fear of confusion then there is no problem. There will be sufficient sensitization and extensive voter education. With the tsunamic nature of Obidient movement there is already a will to succeed so definitely there will be a way. I will lead a crusade for the needful to be done before and on the day of election.

THE WAY FORWARD*

The first point of note is that the Nigerian electoral laws- particularly the 1999 Constitution and the Electoral Act 2022 (as amended) didn’t prohibit a voter from seeking for clarification on any issue at the polling booth. The said laws and international political best practices encourages such clarifications. There is nothing illegal, in fact, it is already a notorious practice in Nigeria in the exercise of one’s franchise to ask for assistance from any person of one’s choice. With the level of interest, passion and youth awareness surrounding the 2023 general election that fear of confusion should be discarded. Don’t be surprised or should I say expect a paradigm shift in the 2023 elections. The colour codes or whatever distinguishing features between the three ballot papers will be clearly, publicly and periodically announced at the polling booths to avoid any had I known. The agents of the different political parties or candidates will be alive to their responsibilities there and then. It is possible that somebody may even approach the court to order INEC to organise the 25th February 2023 election in a way that will be devoid of bandwagon voting pattern. I will lead a crusade against bandwagon voting pattern, it is anti-democracy and a violation of our Constitutionally guaranteed exercise of free will.

*REASONS FOR MY CHOICE OF POLITICAL PARTY*

It is important to state that PO's political activities in the recent time to a great extent prompted my latest political move. Sometimes we test the waters of our popularity and acceptability. It is becoming clearer by the day that Nigerians are ready to vote for persons against political parties. All sound reasoning Nigerians are aware that our country is at a very dangerous crossroads and are determined more than ever before to elect persons that will bring to reality our hope, dream and desire for a new Nigeria. I am convinced that I have a very important role to play in our vision for a new working Nigeria. I decided to contest under ZLP because, among others, the motto of the party appeals to me, the logo of the party being the last on the ballot will be easy to locate by all the voters and most importantly I will have all the liberty that I need to campaign for our own dear PO.

Lastly, I appeal for your support and assure you all that your support will not be taken for granted and you will never regret supporting and voting for me.

HON. BARR. VALENTINE AYIKA
ZENITH LABOUR PARTY, ZLP CANDIDATE FOR 2023 HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ELECTION AND FORMER MEMBER HOUSES OF ASSEMBLY AND REPS.

Comments

  1. He is a good man and qualifies to represent the good people of Dunukofia/Njikoka/Anaocha Federal Constituency

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doctor mutilates baby’s corpse, removes eyes, tongue,private part

Itunu Hotonu - First Female Rear-Admiral